Labels: , , , , , ,

Keep it Moving Keep it Motivated

I could tell you about another successful shopping deal I got, but I really wanted to talk about something else this time....

One of the big things going on with me right now is getting back into the exercise routine. I'm now in week three of working out about 5 times a week. And by work out, I mean I'm trying to do it the RIGHT way, so it includes stretching, resistance training, and then at least 30 minutes of interval cardio.

I've lost about 3 lbs so far, which I know is normal because I'm also building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat...blah blah blah.... But I know that my biggest problem is my MOUTH.
I watched my sis-in-law lose almost 40 lbs just by changing her eating, and not working out at all. Of course it was a very strict diet of no sugar, very little carbs and lots lots n lots of salad with grilled chicken. But she lost weight while eating at the same time. She quit before she reached her goal weight (she had another 25 lbs to go or so), but still I think she did a great job getting that weight off.

So I'm just going to concentrate on my eating and see what I can do. Maybe I will have to start Almased again. It works great....when you do it like you're supposed to ;) It's just the whole liquid diet thing....it's not easy on the psyche



 


My goal beach bod......*sigh*

I need all the support and motivation I can get! It's too easy to give in! Although I WILL say I have improved in the past 3 weeks. But I can do better.
I'm going to make a list...I cannot lose this list, it's on my blog lol
1) Eat smaller meals
2) Drink lots of water (must try to get to 96 oz a day! I think I'm at 32-64 oz/day)
3) If I must snack, make healthy whole-food choices, no Chex Mix...or snack sized candy bars (darn you candy ladies at work!)
4) Minimize carbs, try and get carbs from whole food choices
5) Workout everyday...or at least 6 days a week......

And I just have to add this because I just saw it. Could Kim look anymore NORMAL in this photo? I'll admit I have the guilty pleasure of watching the Kardashians reality series, and I find them quite entertaining most of the time....but wow I was not expecting this from Kim!  Her sis was such a cute preggo..... And to be honest, I'm horrified at the thought of Kanye procreating....I find him too egotistical to bear.....


http://lmn8.us/oWSmncMV

 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's the commitment to keep doing it once you've started that's hard. I am usually good for about 3 weeks then it becomes more difficult because there is other stuff I end up focusing on. So if you can keep it going, make it part of your routine, then I think you'll be fine. You are one of the most stubborn people I know, if you want to do it, you'll do it.

    It's good to have a list of goals and I think yours is great but don't forget that it might take a few baby steps to get there. And cheating every once in a while is not a bad thing- a girl at work has her "cheat day" when she can have whatever she wants to eat for that day only. She's the skinniest person I know but she also works out A LOT and has skinny genetics but still, a cheat day or a cheat meal can't hurt. It's something to look forward to...I think.

    Good luck with all of this. I am sure you be able to do it. And yes, Kanye spawing little versions of his self haunts my nightmares...

    ReplyDelete